Saturday, January 12, 2013

Friday Forage

I decided that today would be a good day to go out foraging for a few books. So I hit a couple of my favorite places - The Daphne Public Library, and our local Goodwill. At the library, I picked up a couple of things from my TBR list and one audiobook that just looked interesting. I read a review recently for Hilary Mantel's new novel Bring Up the Bodies and thought it looked interesting, but since it is in a series, I decided to pick up the first book -Wolf Hall. I also needed a new audiobook to listen to when I am doing housework (audiobooks are the only thing that makes it bearable!) I found A Venetian Affair which has been on my list for a while, and I also picked up The Summer We Read Gatsby as I was browsing the shelves.

Goodwill, and all thrift stores really, are great places to pick up books. They are all used, of course, and some have torn pages and covers (or no cover), but if you are diligent and patient you can find books in excellent condition. On today's visit, I found 3 books to add to my collection, and my 3-year-old daughter found 3 for her shelf as well. The ones I got were all books that I had read before, but really enjoyed them and was excited to find copies of them. They are: Water for Elephants, by Sara GruenThe Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield, and From Dead to Worse, by Charlaine Harris. Ava got Angelina's Silver Locket and two Dora the Explorer books. I also found an unopened copy of the 2013 Book Lover's Calendar by Books-A-Million.

Overall, it was a very satisfying forage.

No comments:

Post a Comment